ViewSav, a viewer for SPSS data files
VERSION 1.5 beta - NEW
ViewSav is intended as a REAL-TIME CODEBOOK for
SPSS data files.
- display data dictionary
- display frequencies and summary statistics of variables
- display frequencies graphically
- display crosstabulations of multiple variables (counts, percentages, summary statistics)
- display data file in browse window
- select cases
- find/filter variables by name or label
- use weight variable
- sort display of variables, sort display of values, sort cases in browse window
- open file in SPSS from within ViewSav
- open files with drag & drop
- extra (test version): show frequencies of a Stata file
download previous version: VIEWSAV.ZIP
Please inform me about your experience, wishes, bugs etc.
If you like to be informed about future updates, send me a mail with your name and email address,
with 'Viewsav' in subject or text.
Your email address will not be disclosed to others.
Two other small SPSS utilities:
- CRC32SAV (10k)
checksums for separate parts of a SPSS data file: file header, dictionary
This enables you to check if dictionary and/or data of two
files are exactly equal.
- LISTSAV (6k, console application,
source code included)
List variables and variable labels of a SPSS
Raynald Levesque has an excellent site for SPSS syntax, scripts and utilities.